Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI Bradford and Bingley - any success

(5 Posts)
Northwindsurfer Fri 02-Nov-12 16:24:21

Hi

Have just had my PPI claim rejected by BBBs twice.

I wouldn't mind but we really did think we were almost being blackmailed at the time when we took out the loan. Mortgages were tight and the tone was very much that if we wanted the loan we needed to take out the Policy.

Has anyone had been successful with BBB's on a PPI claim? Did you have to go to the Ombudsmen to succeed?

I am trying to decide what to do now and having spent a whole day pulling papers together can't make up my mind whether to soldier on or just give up

Rockchick1984 Fri 02-Nov-12 18:44:09

How long ago did you take it, and when did you move or repay the mortgage? I believe mortgage protection is slightly different to PPI anyway, so it may be that the reasons you gave for mis selling are applicable to PPI but not MPI.

Northwindsurfer Fri 02-Nov-12 20:43:20

Taken out in 1991 but only paid off recently. They are not rejecting it on grounds that it is not PPI or out of date, but rather that I could not have repaid the mortgage if unemployed or sick.

I have provided evidence that I could. I have also challenged whether I would ever have been able to claim on the Policy because I was a Director of my own Company. They have still rejected the claim

I am just wondering if their approch is to reject all claims initially.

My sister couldnt evidence her Policy in any way but got a payout in three weeks (Alliance & Leicester)

I have now been battling for months

Cupboarddoor Fri 02-Nov-12 20:48:17

Take it to the FOS - they often find in your favour when the original provider does not. Make sure you include in your claim your perception from the conversation that your loan would only be provided if you took the PPI too

Northwindsurfer Sat 03-Nov-12 09:53:18

Thank you both for the advice. Seems like I need to keep going

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now