Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can someone help me out with WTC and CSA assessments, please!?

(4 Posts)
NotaDisneyMum Mon 29-Oct-12 20:11:11

My DP is subject to a CSA case; although he has been assessed as paying the minimum for the last 12 months as he's been unemployed. I've got a p/t job and an self employed so we've been receiving WTC & CTC as DD is considered to live with us although she's 50:50 with her Dad.

DP has recently picked up some low paid P/T work. This means that some weeks, he will earn more than me, but other weeks, he'll earn less.

How will the CSA calculate the amount he pays? On the weeks he earns more, the WTC should form part of their assessment of his income, but on the weeks he earns less than me, it won't!

How will this work in practice? Will I have to send details of my income to the CSA as well?

Tazmosis Mon 29-Oct-12 20:21:46

If he was involved with the CSA pre 2003 (I think) then your income is taken account of too. If he has only had involvement with them since then, then it is only his income not yours they use.

WTD etc is not included in his income that is assessed - or not to my knowledge anyway.

NotaDisneyMum Mon 29-Oct-12 20:42:25

It's a post 2003 case- but I believe that WTC is assessed if he is the higher earner.

NotaDisneyMum Tue 30-Oct-12 11:50:13

Bump - just to see if anyone has any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now