Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credit form

(6 Posts)
HairyToothbrush Wed 24-Oct-12 13:57:45

I'm in the middle of filling out my tax credits form and I need to put down the amour of taxable social security benefits I claimed last year. I wasn't living with dp then so I was claiming income support (pregnant at the time) but I have no idea of the amount I claimed altogether. Can someone tell me how I can find out please?

HairyToothbrush Wed 24-Oct-12 13:58:36

Armour = amount smile

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 24-Oct-12 16:34:28

Was your income support taxed?

HairyToothbrush Wed 24-Oct-12 20:38:00

I have no idea. How would I find out? I really don't have a clue do I? blush

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 24-Oct-12 21:30:08

According to this link to HMRC income support is only taxable if it is paid to someone who is on strike or in an industrial dispute. So if all you got was IS and you weren't on strike at the time then you didn't get any taxable social security benefits.

HairyToothbrush Wed 24-Oct-12 23:22:29

Well that makes things a lot simpler. Thanks so much for your help!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: