Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI Claim back help/advice

(5 Posts)
ilikedrivinginmycar Tue 23-Oct-12 13:48:28

Hello everybody,

I really need some help. When I was young I borrowed lots of money and got into trouble. I had various loans and CC from 1998 - 2006 & didn't really think of the concequences. Anyhow, I always paid my debts but it got to the point I was paying them but had no money left for anything so in the end I had no choice but to go bankrupt. It was my own fault and I could kick myself for being so irressponsible.

Anyway Ive done my time and paid for my crime. I have 2 small children me & DP both work have very little debt as I am terrified of getting in a mess again and have learnt my lesson. We are really skint and are struggling due to both being on a low income, rent high, not entitled to HB and paying childcare. I mean we dont have money for anything some weeks I cant do a food shop & I am starting to wonder whether I should see if I was mis-sold ppi? I have gone past 6 years of bankruptcy and no longer a bankrupt. Do you think I should do this I am a bit scared they may tell me to bugger off cos I went bankrupt. Any advice would be appriciated.

keli5325 Tue 23-Oct-12 14:39:51

If you have been bankrupt any PPI you reclaim will be paid to the trustee in bankruptcy even though you have been discharged.

www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/personal-insolvency/ppi-mis-selling-claims-and-bankruptcy

ilikedrivinginmycar Tue 23-Oct-12 14:56:42

well thats the end of that idea then!

ilikedrivinginmycar Tue 23-Oct-12 15:04:46

everything seems so hopeless at the moment (sad)

gregssausageroll Fri 26-Oct-12 22:09:01

All you can do is try. It will cost you a recorded delivery stamp. Send it off and see what they say?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now