Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Universal credit????

(5 Posts)
crackcrackcrak Fri 19-Oct-12 11:18:35

Has anyone seen anything like a calculator etc for this?
I am a lone parent and I currently get ctc/etci and the childcare element of wtc. Does anyone know how UC will affect this?

Tia

Rockchick1984 Fri 19-Oct-12 11:20:37

It's not been finalised as yet. Apparently people who are already claiming won't be worse off, and if you are working its possible (although personally I'm sceptical) that you may end up better off smile

crackcrackcrak Fri 19-Oct-12 11:37:16

I have just done a calculator I found on MSE which gave me a figure that less the childcare element (which u can't calculate) is about the same as what I get now.

I work 22 hours a week with 2 under 5's. if IDS cuts my ctc he will shaft me - twat.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 19-Oct-12 11:57:58

The stated aim is that no-one will be worse off and those who are employed or go into employment will be better off. The current system is utterly useless. Maybe hold off the 'twat' accusations until we get the full details?

crackcrackcrak Fri 19-Oct-12 12:37:36

ISD will still be a twat whatever

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now