Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

EON took money out of my account on the WRONG date!!

(2 Posts)
perceptionreality Sat 22-Sep-12 11:11:04

I am so angry with them - they took my direct debit on 21st instead of the 25th which was what we agreed!

I had just had to pay two other large bills and it left me with not enough for over the weekend. I called my bank and told them what had happened and they agreed to recall the money, which they have and it's now back in my account and they said I won't be charged. I will now have to pay Eon manually on 25th.

I have never ever had this happen to me before and I'm up to date with my payments. I am thinking of changing to another company because I can't have the insecurity of not knowing they won't just take the money whenever they feel like it.

Is this common??

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 22-Sep-12 11:32:40

It's not common. The only time my DD payment date gets changed is if it falls on a bank holiday or a weekend. Even then, they tend to take it later rather than earlier. Does it always go out on the 25th or have you recently changed it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now