Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

BOOTS ... orders over 28 days old, refunds?

(14 Posts)
GreenParcel Wed 19-Sep-12 15:23:09

I bought something from boots about 6 weeks ago.

Turns out I don't need it now, do you think they would exchange for store credit?

I know I'm unlikely to get a refund now sad

GreenParcel Wed 19-Sep-12 15:44:46

bump, i want to go in tomorrow but scared they'll tell me to sod off!

barleysugar Wed 19-Sep-12 15:55:46

Depends what it is, and whether it's in a saleable condition. Boots are normally good I think.

LIZS Wed 19-Sep-12 16:04:19

Not sure what ther policy is now but it may limit returns to a specific time unless faulty etc. Legally they don't have to offer anything for just a change of mind.

Rockchick1984 Wed 19-Sep-12 16:11:40

Most stores will offer an exchange as a gesture of goodwill outside their normal returns policy as long as it's in pristine condition. They don't have to, but if you're polite then chances are they'll agree smile

cornzy Wed 19-Sep-12 16:14:38

maybe customer services and ask?

Notmadeofrib Wed 19-Sep-12 19:12:14

go and see, they can only say no... but obviously when the say no, plead a little and offer to take a credit note. Say you couldn't get there, your dog died, whatever. Boots can afford it I'm sure.

GreenParcel Wed 19-Sep-12 20:07:25

Its slimming tablets, i bought 3 boxes and opened one (wont try to return that box obviously) but they made me ill and have 2 untouched boxes still,

tutu100 Wed 19-Sep-12 20:09:22

I don't think they are able to refund on tablets at all. We weren't when I worked for another chemist.

GreenParcel Wed 19-Sep-12 20:11:43

I've had a look and it doesn't say anything on the site? or on the product page?

shit, they were so expensive sad

Rockchick1984 Wed 19-Sep-12 20:16:33

Due to distance selling regulations, it's slightly different when ordering online. What does it say on the back of your receipt about returns?

GreenParcel Wed 19-Sep-12 20:19:10

I've not got the reciept, I was going to print my order confirmation,

Rockchick1984 Wed 19-Sep-12 20:41:40

Personally I'd go in and explain about being allergic to the tablets and hope you get a sympathetic member of staff. They are under no obligation to return them, but you may get lucky smile

GreenParcel Fri 21-Sep-12 17:07:48

They refunded me smile not even credit.. a proper refund. woo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now