Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI acceptance form now company saying signatures dont match

(5 Posts)
pineapplesam Fri 15-Jun-12 15:08:44

After finally having an offer for our ppi claim with firstplus, today we recieved a letter saying that the signature on our acceptance forms do not match their records, it is my husbands signature that has changed over time, they have asked for proof of id saying passports and marriage certificate which i can send, however on both of these they are still different to his current one, we have got to resign the acceptance form, is this normal as they are starting to make me feel as if i have done it or something like that, is this normal practise and can they refuse to send our cheques if they still not satisfied?

carocaro Mon 18-Jun-12 12:55:17

Seems odd, I think they try it on to delay the process, plus they have to be super careful against fraudulant claims. Send them all the ID you have and take it from there. Have they sent you a copy of the original signature so you can see for yourself?

pineapplesam Mon 18-Jun-12 19:39:30

No they havent sent original, they sent another form asking us to sign saying it is a specimen signature, then send all the acceptance forms for us to re sign even though it was only a week ago we signed them, it is making me very on edge even though its our money they have got, im just wondering what will be their next letter if they still are not satisfied, i have posted marriage cert and passport today even though they dont match current signature......forgot to say my hubby suffers badly with his nerves hence his signature being hit and miss as it much depends what sort of day he is having

shazmick Sat 22-Sep-12 21:50:55

Hi did they accept it ? We have just had the same letter. Not sure what to send them as our marriage certificate doesnt have our signatures on.

Sarahplane Tue 25-Sep-12 19:34:26

Rbs have just done the same with my husband. He had to go into branch with id, give them a new signature and sign the form again. Were waiting for the money to come through now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now