Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

private debt managements company? DFH Financial Solutions? Can anyone help please?

(10 Posts)
veryskint Fri 20-Apr-12 21:12:19

Can anyone help?

We are in an awful mess with debt problems. Payplan have turned us down and have said that we need to use a private debt company who will we have to pay. I accept this and am ok to pay someone as long as they can sort out or debt problems.

I have had a constructive and helpful phonecall with a company called DFH Financial Solutions. I am happy and keen to go with them and they have assured me they can help. However, I have just looked at some reviews of the company online and there are some amazing reviews and some really awful ones. How on earth do I know if this company is reputable or not?

Has anyone used them?

Can anyone recommend a private debt management company?

(I am posting this in chat and in money because I am desperate for some advice)

Thanks

An0therName Fri 20-Apr-12 21:17:24

I would suggest a charity would be better - there are others apart from payplan - loads and other useful stuff in this link here

www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/debt-help-plan

difficultpickle Fri 20-Apr-12 21:20:34

Have you been to the Citizen's Advice Bureau?

An0therName Fri 20-Apr-12 21:23:34

I have just looked on cccs site and this looks like its free
https://debtremedy.cccs.co.uk/start.aspx?domain=camp0808.moneysavingexpert.com

cwtch4967 Sat 21-Apr-12 09:41:07

This charity will not charge you. Please don't go to a company who charge, you want every penny you have to go on clearing your debts!

http://www.capuk.org/help/capcentres.php

PicaK Sat 21-Apr-12 09:52:35

Please go to Citizens Advice Bureau - it's what they are there for.

HateBeingCantDoUpMyJeans Sat 21-Apr-12 09:56:49

Please do not use them please speak to Cccs or Christians against poverty. Look at the mse site for other good places to go.

Smilealways Tue 01-Mar-16 20:31:50

DFH have been assumptive that I had debts. It was non of there business. I can manage all my bills very well and I can take ownership of myself. They want to target people that are naive in managing there own debts. If you do join DFH you will have the extreme impact on your credit rating and score. You will be trapped in the misery of paying more charges than capital towards your creditors. DFH can not guarantee that creditors will not take you to court for a CCJ or enforce a bailiff. Please use Stepchange or a registered charity for debt help. You do not need to pay to get help towards paying your debts off. Most of the staff they have sound like school leavers. Avoid them.

NoodleNuts Wed 02-Mar-16 10:29:55

Did Payplan give you a reason for turning you down?

NoodleNuts Wed 02-Mar-16 10:30:50

Oops, didn't notice that this thread is 4 years old!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now