Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Warm Home Discount

(5 Posts)
OddBoots Wed 12-Oct-11 07:50:08

If you are eligible then then make sure you apply sooner rather than later as it is first come first served and each energy company has a limited fund, it's worth £120 and can be for any kind of energy meter.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15217004
"To be eligible most firms require customers to be in receipt of a means tested benefit, and either have a child under 5 or in receipt of disability benefit."

scabbysnake Wed 12-Oct-11 18:25:16

i tried ringing my provider npower but was on the phone over 50 minutes & my phone credit ran out!

BloodandScumatron Wed 12-Oct-11 18:36:45

Scabby- try applying online if you can.

OddBoots Wed 12-Oct-11 18:55:10

Do you know anyone with a home phone who'd let you call from there scabbysnake? The npower number (0808 172 6999) should be a free one from a landline. If not then maybe a phone box?

scabbysnake Wed 12-Oct-11 19:37:02

on the npower bit it said about applying then the number so nothing to fill in online. could pop round a friends house and use theirs, i'm sure she wouldn't mind. would i still get it even if gas with another company? thanx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now