Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Natwest online banking again

(6 Posts)
SayItIsntSo Tue 04-Oct-11 02:10:25

I'm still relatively new to the world of online banking. I haven't been able to find information on the natwest website about this, but if I make a one off payment to someone else, will this incur charges? Does it cost me to make the payment to their account or am I better off physically depositing cash in their account at their bank (this is to my mother;s bank account: she's Barclays, I am natwest).

LynetteScavo Tue 04-Oct-11 06:32:33

As far as I know it's free - if there are charges, I've never noticed them. confused

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 04-Oct-11 06:38:44

Assuming you've got sufficient funds in your account you can make payments to anyone you like without incurring fees. It tends to be quicker online as well.

SayItIsntSo Wed 05-Oct-11 01:05:30

Thank you LynetteScavo and CogitoErgoSometimes, I was concerned because in the past when I tried to transfer funds from my account in person at my local branch to another bank, it incurred charges. I ended up drawing money out and then physically walking to another bank. Good to know that this will be much easier now!

inglesito Wed 05-Oct-11 14:23:41

At the branch level they will try and charge you for a CHAPS payment ie about £23.00 however, online it is quicker provided you are registered and have one of those card thingy's they use(can't remember proper name of it).

SayItIsntSo Wed 05-Oct-11 16:33:51

thanks Inglesito, yes, I think I have one of those card reader things lying about somewhere (though doubtless it's being used by a DC for a shop game ...)

It must have been the CHAPS thing which caught me out last time ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now