Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Bank Charges - can someone give me something clever to say please?

(4 Posts)
Misspixietrix Sat 01-Oct-11 08:51:56

Ok so I Only had 1 DD going out this week, I saved the money for it when we got paid earlier this week. Haven't bought anything with the card etc all week, DD's due out today, check the account last night, there's less in there than there should be, but the bank can't tell me where the missing £ is until Monday! but they can tell me that I will still get charged Today for not having the funds in there even though it should be there?! How to I calmly put it across to them without being kicked out iykwim? x

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 01-Oct-11 09:16:19

You contact your bank again, and again, and again (before Monday)..... asking to speak to more senior people if you don't hear what you want to hear. If the money should be in the account i.e. not waiting for a cheque to clear, and it isn't there then they are at fault and you can't be penalised for that. Get assurances that you will not be charged. Have notes put on your account to that effect and ask for a temporary overdraft facility while you're at it. Whatever it takes. Also, check your account because DDs are normally held over to Monday if they fall on a weekend.

ditavonteesed Sat 01-Oct-11 09:18:28

I was just going to say ask fir a temporary overdraft facility.

RedHelenB Sun 02-Oct-11 16:20:06

Has a cheque been cashed recently that you have forgotten about or assumed had already been paid. They should be able to tell you about recent activity on your account.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now