Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

My lovely Egg credit card will soon be Egg no more, so I need a new one with great customer service please

(5 Posts)
bran Wed 28-Sep-11 10:15:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 29-Sep-11 06:57:05

I book a lot of flights with my Barclaycard (Platinum) and have never had my card stopped hmm I now have a Tesco card and that seems to work fine as well.

bran Sat 01-Oct-11 19:44:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 02-Oct-11 09:54:16

That's very mysterious. My Barclaycard was used fraudulently a few months ago. They didn't stop the card but I got an automated telephone call asking me to identify the last three or four transactions on the account. When I said I couldn't identify one of them I was passed through to the their fraud team and things were dealt with ... all without stopping my card.

I've had other incidents where I've spent outside of my usual behaviour. Again, I got an automated call but, on those occasions, I could identify all the transactions.

MoaningMinnieWhingesAgain Mon 03-Oct-11 11:40:55

I have a CC with Nationwide, they do block transactions rather freely but they also picked up fraud on my account quickly too and sorted it out very easily. Customer service side has been fine, helpful, seems to be UK based callcentre.

Eg I spent about £15 online, for some bizarre reason it went through as 2 small transactions of around £10 and £5 - this was flagged as suspicious and blocked. And mobile topups - if I try to do them through the phone they are blocked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now