Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What an awful experience

(3 Posts)
lorna70 Thu 22-Sep-11 15:37:36

Hi,

I shared my first post on Mumsnet about an hour ago re. my experience of significant savings on our mobile phone costs, had an irrelevant response from a member within a minute and have now been reported to Mumsnet Towers and had my post deleted for advertising mobile phone contracts?! (I am using Pay As You Go actually wink)

Not quite what I was expecting and I can't quite see what the difference is between the information I was offering and the information others offer beyond, maybe, that it is ok to offer information in response to a post and not to offer information by initiating a post?!

Perplexed. Anyway, as was my intention, if you're looking to make your expenses more cost effective there are significant mobile savings to be made - you'll just have to randomly Google to find out how.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 22-Sep-11 18:17:30

If you seem to be supporting a particular scheme and you post a link to the site you're going to be suspected of advertising. There are a lot of spammers and scammers that would love to get to MN members without paying for the privilege. In the future, be more even-handed, mention the company without providing a direct link and don't sound like a salesman.

belledechocchipcookie Thu 22-Sep-11 18:24:16

A thread advertising a mobile phone company with a link to their site has got to be the worst first thread known to man as it's clearly an advert. Could this be why they deleted it? wink And you think that getting a thread deleted was an awful experience? Hahaha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now