Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

natwest online banking - how to pay someone else's credit card

(10 Posts)
SayItIsntSo Tue 20-Sep-11 18:40:42

I think I'm probably being rather dim here, but I use natwest online banking. I want to pay off a natwest mastercard bill for my DM (she has been ill and things are getting on top of her, I'm far from flush but I need to do this). Anyway, here I am on natwest online banking trying to find "natwest mastercard" on the drop down list of payees (it is not coming up) and wondering how I fill out sort code etc. for someone else's card. No online live person help seems to be available (typically!). Any thoughts?

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 21-Sep-11 07:12:44

If you have the sort code and account number, set up 'Natwest Mastercard' as a new payee - as you would the gas bill or whatever - and then make a transaction. To avoid the payment getting lost in the system, add as much information as you can to the payee details i.e. DM's name and card number.

KatyMac Wed 21-Sep-11 07:52:41

The details should be on her bill

PositiveAttitude Wed 21-Sep-11 08:21:07

Is it my credit card SIIS? grin

SayItIsntSo Wed 21-Sep-11 17:40:04

Thanks CogitoErgoSometimes, KatyMac. I have her card and her bill. It is strange that "natwest mastercard" doesn't come up in the suggestions (though other natwest stuff comes up when I start to type "natwest"). I don't want it to get lost in the system either.

PositiveAttitude, if I get into a position where i can take my random acts of kindness global, you'll be the first to know ;-)

KatyMac Wed 21-Sep-11 19:23:18

On her bill (sometimes on the back; sometimes on a paying in slip) there will be sort code & account number

The important thing is to put her card number as the reference

PositiveAttitude Wed 21-Sep-11 19:24:05

I will live in hope!! grin

SayItIsntSo Wed 21-Sep-11 19:47:06

oh right, so in the sort code and account number i put her sort code and account number? and then in the reference thing I put the bank card number?

was wondering if there was some kind of special natwest account for paying in money to credit cards, but I suppose this is paying money on to her card.

PositiveAttitude: so will I!

KatyMac Wed 21-Sep-11 19:48:55

You need the sortcode & account number from her bill (it won't be the same one as her current account for example)

SayItIsntSo Wed 21-Sep-11 20:05:44

Ok I get it now - her mastercard number seems to be the same as her card number, there's no different account number? I was trying to pay to "natwest mastercard" so I shall pay to her card instead

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now