Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child benefit...can anyone help me?

(6 Posts)
Jellyboobs Sun 18-Sep-11 20:35:03

I work full time and so does my partner, I will receive full maternity pay from my job for up to 9 months, and will be off work for up to 9 months. I earn 12,000 and he earns 20,000, are we eligible for child benefit or not?
If we are, how do we apply and when?

Thanks, I think this is probably an easy question but....

RandomMess Sun 18-Sep-11 20:36:20

yes you will be eligible you usually get given an application form in your "bounty" pack at the hospital. You need to register the birth first as you have to send off the birth certificate.

AnnoyingOrange Sun 18-Sep-11 20:39:05

child benefit is currently a universal benfit, payable to all parents regardless of income. But in April 2013 higher rate taxpayers will lose their child benefit

EdithWeston Sun 18-Sep-11 20:42:08

You do not need a Bounty pack to get the form. You can download it from HMRC here.

mrspear Sun 18-Sep-11 20:44:31

Click on here child benefit - it is the government information website. And also try - it is a calculator which works out what, if any, benefits you maybe entitled too. is also really great for explaining anything

mrspear Sun 18-Sep-11 20:45:30

The website i posted the link for also has the form so need to get the crappy bounty pack and all the junk mail it entails!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: