Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What would you do?????????

(15 Posts)
mimib2010 Sun 18-Sep-11 18:54:48

hi i have a one daughter and another on the way. i am not working and neither is my man. he seems to think its ok that he is on a sickness benefit and while i pay all the bills etc with my benefit (did work b4 first child, but became single parent so no one to look after kid while i returned to work)
that we can live off 60 bucks a week.

i was crying to him that i couldn't afford power since he moved in with me and i asked to him to find away for us to not be f**** broke in other words to get a job.

apparently its not the stone age where men have to provide for their families and so on.

i want to support him but i no longer can seeing as i am living off the goverment and others taxes (which he so kindly points out) and i will not pay for his expenses at the expense of my children.

mimib2010 Sun 18-Sep-11 18:56:23

oh he does have a "internet marketing" business which apparently is going to make millions very quickly. this is what he told me 4 years ago and im still waiting for the millions

kayferrars Sun 18-Sep-11 19:04:25

What would I do?

1. Terminate the pregnancy if I couldn't afford to look after another child

2. Terminate the relationship. It's not a partnership if he doesn't pull his weight financially.

3. Get a job.

mimib2010 Sun 18-Sep-11 19:18:29

trying to get kinda hard when theres about thousand other people applying for the same job and none within my skills range. i get really depressed that i havent found one yet but i guess this is the same for many out there during these hards times

eekamouse2 Sun 18-Sep-11 19:20:02

What about kayferrar's other points?

GypsyMoth Sun 18-Sep-11 19:21:57

Which benefits are you getting at present?

EdithWeston Sun 18-Sep-11 19:26:48

If it's 60 bucks a week, I take it you're in US/Canada, so UK-centric benefits advice wouldn't help.

I would be looking to him to do the childcare whilst I went back to work. I know that with US unemployment running at something terrible (over 9%?), this is easier said than done. Are there any welfare programmes that could tide you over?

GypsyMoth Sun 18-Sep-11 19:31:53

Oh, so not uk then op?

DraculasMum Sun 18-Sep-11 19:55:24

My opinion..

1) You should not have got pregnant, used more protection to avoid this situation.

2) One of you should have a job. I don't believe the bollox of there being no work.. Kfc, mc donalds, cleaning toilets. There is always work to be found if you try hard enough and accept what you can get!

And 'your man' sounds like a twat.. Get rid. I'm wondering if the sickness benefit people are aware of this 'million' pound marketing business he has!

Childcare is easily fixed if you get a job you can get help with the costs, that's if your in the uk?

DraculasMum Sun 18-Sep-11 19:55:26

My opinion..

1) You should not have got pregnant, used more protection to avoid this situation.

2) One of you should have a job. I don't believe the bollox of there being no work.. Kfc, mc donalds, cleaning toilets. There is always work to be found if you try hard enough and accept what you can get!

And 'your man' sounds like a twat.. Get rid. I'm wondering if the sickness benefit people are aware of this 'million' pound marketing business he has!

Childcare is easily fixed if you get a job you can get help with the costs, that's if your in the uk?

MorallyBankrupt Sun 18-Sep-11 20:14:24

No one in their right mind would get pg again when they already have a child and both parents are currently sponging off the state! surely?!

eekamouse2 Sun 18-Sep-11 21:35:38

I wonder where the OP has gone?

I think she is in the UK, actually, some people here say bucks, not just an American thing.

Loads of people get pregnant while they're sponging off the state, unfortunatley.

DraculasMum Sun 18-Sep-11 22:36:34

Maybe the op is hiding under her bridge...

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 19-Sep-11 07:29:01

"i want to support him....."

Then carry him gently to the nearest Job Centre, go home, change the locks and tell him not to return until he sorts out his workshy, poncing attitude and starts contrbuting? It's lucky it isn't the stone-age because if men had opted to sit on their arses looking at the pictures on the cave walls rather than go out and catch a rabbit to eat, the human race would have died out pretty quickly.

'Idleness' is not an attractive trait in a partner...

Gonzo33 Mon 19-Sep-11 12:50:37

Where is the "like" button when you need it? Agree with Cog again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now