Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Financing my boobs

(9 Posts)
Dosey Tue 13-Sep-11 18:11:05

after years of misery I have decided to finally go for it and have a boob job. I have some money to pay for it but I need £3000. I was thinking about getting a 0% credit card and pay off as much as I can every month and keep transferring the balance when the 0% ends. I don't have any credit cards or loans at the moment so I was wondering if credit cards offer a £3000 limit on a 0% interest rate.

I am so sensible with my money so getting a credit card for something like this is really out of character but I am convinced it will be worth it. We do have savings which could pay for it but dp is at uni at the moment so I like to have the money there in case of emergencies.

I will just use the credit card for my boobs and chop it in half after my op and pay as much as I can every month. I have worked out a budget plan and could pay if off in about eighteen months.

I work part time and earn about £13k if that makes any difference to getting a credit card.

bemybebe Tue 13-Sep-11 18:18:04

Nevermind the reasons for boob job. I will be shocked if you can get a credit card with £3000 limit on 0% under your circs.

Dosey Tue 13-Sep-11 19:00:07

Really? I haven't had a credit card for years and when I did I had a massive limit on it. Do you think I can finance it any other way without too much interest

Dosey Tue 13-Sep-11 19:03:57

Really? I haven't had a credit card for years and when I did I had a massive limit on it. Do you think I can finance it any other way without too much interest

bamboobutton Tue 13-Sep-11 19:04:28

where are you going to get it done? lots of places offer some finance deals(transform perhaps??)

could you get an any purpose loan from the bank?

bemybebe Tue 13-Sep-11 19:06:26

Hmm. In the days when the credit was cheap it was easy, but now the banks/cc companies have seriously tightened the lending criteria and they will be looking at whether someone would be able to afford it.

Did you have a look at any of the websites already?

Dosey Tue 13-Sep-11 21:08:14

I will give it some thought, I plan on getting it done next April, I have shares at work, save as you earn schemes that I could cash in and I am hoping to stick to a budget until then so I may not need the full £3000. I plan on getting it done with transform but then again with our circumstances I may not qualify for a loan. I will see. I thought I would be able go get credit so easily.

emsyj Tue 13-Sep-11 21:10:47

Are you having a reduction or implants? If implants, bear in mind they don't last forever and you will need to have it re-done about every ten years. They will advise when you go for your consultation I guess.

RedHelenB Thu 15-Sep-11 13:44:59

Use your savings (not earning mucj of any interest nowadays anyway ) & pay your savings back monthly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now