Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

what am i entiteled to while on maternity

(3 Posts)
seriousone Sun 11-Sep-11 18:09:07

Hi sorry if the title doesnt explain what im asking but i couldnt think of anything else to explain it, also notsure if posting in right section so apoligies if im not.
Am asking this question on behalf my sister, she is on mat leave and obviously struggling with a lot less money so was wondering apart from mat pay is she entitled to anything else? does the council tax(single person working discount) come into affect here or is she technically still earning? and can they claim any sort of working tax credits while on maternitey leave finally she is also in a panic as to how she goes about getting child benefit: how do you claim for that? thanx in advance for any help

RockChick1984 Sun 11-Sep-11 22:02:37

Is she single or with a partner? What is her normal salary when not on maternity leave and partner's salary if applicable? Child benefit - she will get a form to complete in the bounty pack she receives in hospital, she will need to post that off with the birth certificate.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 12-Sep-11 09:18:42

Best place to look is a benefits checker like this one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now