Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

National Savings.... gah!

(4 Posts)
CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 08-Sep-11 08:02:46

Have been waiting for a cheque to clear before I could transfer some money into the National Savings Index Linked Bond (RPI + 0.5% for 5 years) and they've withdrawn the offer!!! Anyone know how often they issue these bonds?

ChablisLover Thu 08-Sep-11 09:42:44

Ns&i say they are unlikely to be reissued before April next year. Read from dm website.

Is there any other bonds that they have u can invest in?

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 08-Sep-11 10:55:05

Not that I can see. Which is probably why the original bond was so popular. The money came from cashed-in unit trusts which aren't doing so well. Cash ISA rates are pretty poor. There was an index-linked product with the Post Office but it wasn't tax-free... and I think that stopped on September 1st. Will have to go back to the drawing board and hunt round the comparison sites. Thanks for the info from DM.

bemybebe Tue 13-Sep-11 12:00:18

Agree about Cash ISA. I moved the full allowance in May and almost persuaded my dh to do the same when they withdrawn. He is gutted, but I told him from the outset that this will be very popular...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now