Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Redundancy pay and child tax credits

(5 Posts)
sambageeni Tue 06-Sep-11 19:27:30

Does anyone know if you have to declare redundancy pay out to child tax credit office? My dh is being made redundant and will get around 10k. It's tax free I understand but wandered if we need to.declare it.

supadupapupascupa Tue 06-Sep-11 19:29:23

all income has to be taken into account as far as I know. Give them a quick ring, they're pretty good on the phone

sambageeni Tue 06-Sep-11 19:30:20

Ok ta!

roquefort Tue 06-Sep-11 19:43:48

The redundancy payment is not included as income for Tax Credits (provided it falls within the £30k exemption for tax) . No harm in notifying them though. However, you must notify TCO if he is not working (within a month)

sambageeni Tue 06-Sep-11 20:07:47

fab, thanks loads.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: