Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

ca child maintence Uhh?

(11 Posts)
kittycat68 Mon 05-Sep-11 18:06:06

i have three children and have been trying to get maitence via the csa since 2006! but all ex does is appeal every decision! it finally wnt to tribunal last year where i had hoped it would be sorted. but yet again he has appealed every time since he is now nearly 15k in arears and they keep telling me that they cant go for court compliance( liability hearing) if he puts in an appeal to the last appeal? this is absolute madness, he claims he is self employed but hes not and have proved this already but they just say he says he is! so cant do an attachment to earnings either. anyopne got any advice i am sick of csa and there lack of geting any monies out of him

RandomMess Mon 05-Sep-11 18:11:23

Have you contacted your local mp?

kittycat68 Mon 05-Sep-11 18:12:34

no havnt do u think it would do any good?

RedHelenB Mon 05-Sep-11 18:32:03

I would, 5 years is a long chunk of your childrens lives to have lived without maintenance.

RandomMess Mon 05-Sep-11 18:34:12

Worth a try surely? They are employed to help us and challenge the system, see it's failings and successes etc

kittycat68 Mon 05-Sep-11 18:45:13

well ill find out who it is and try but not that optomistic TBH i have no faith in the legal system or goverments any more they moan about single parents but dont make the fathers contribute finacially( not knocking those that do! and im sure there are some good dads out there)but i sure isnt easy for us mums who are left with the kids picking up the bill.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 05-Sep-11 21:19:57

I'm the same, been trying since 2006 too. I've contacted my MP 3 times and am about to contact her again. The CSA are a joke imo.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 05-Sep-11 21:29:12

Goes without saying that you don't allow him access to the children... ?

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 05-Sep-11 22:20:21

Kids aren't pay-per-view cogito. Access and money aren't linked, in the eyes of the law.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 05-Sep-11 22:27:55

I would assume that if he has no interest in taking care of his children financially, he wouldn't have the brass neck to pitch up visiting and playing 'darling papa'....

Gonzo33 Tue 06-Sep-11 12:31:13

Definately get your MP involved. I had to and it did actually make a difference for me.

It must be very stressful for you. They are such jobsworths when you get on the telephone to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now