Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

National insurance contributions

(7 Posts)
pinkyp Thu 25-Aug-11 13:16:11

I've been told I can't claim jsa because I've not made enough n.i contributions in 2008, I have 2009, 2010 and 2012 why are they going back to 2008? It's the only reason why I can't get it

RockChick1984 Thu 25-Aug-11 21:28:18

How old are you? I'm not sure of the exact figures but you have got to have made enough contributions for the number of years you have been old enough to work.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Thu 25-Aug-11 21:30:54

My son a recent graduate is allowed JSA and he has hardly worked at all...

RockChick1984 Thu 25-Aug-11 22:18:29

Is he receiving income based or contribution based JSA?

pinkyp Fri 26-Aug-11 00:29:58

I'm 25. I've worked since June 2008 - present. Apparently my income in 2008 is too low, I worked part time elsewhere for a few weeks & did overtime at my regular job so I think they must have something wrong. Do they have access to my employment history or will I need to tell them about the extra temp work I did? I wasn't around £4250 in 2008-09 I think, I'm sure job centre said they had it down as 3k ish

pinkyp Fri 26-Aug-11 00:31:09

That's suppose to say I got paid around £4250 but job centre had it down as 3k

vickibee Fri 26-Aug-11 06:11:51

if you have a p60 from 2008 and it shows that you made enough contributions take it to Job Centre and they eill look into it? You have to earn at the LEL to qualify for contribution based JSA. I assume you have a partner who works and so do not qualify for income dased JSA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now