Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Benefits available for single, working mum of 2??

(2 Posts)
mama2moo Thu 18-Aug-11 10:36:37

Dp and I are on the verge of seperation.

I work 16 hours a week and my wages alone would cover my rent (private rental from my brother) and maybe 2 other bills.

I get child and working tax credits and child benefit at the moment. But its not enough to support us all.

I have looked on entitled to but it doesnt suggest that I will get enough to help.

We split up a few years ago and I found out that I couldnt get housing help because I rent from a relative.

Any ideas on what else I can claim? Friends of mine dont work and earn more then me and dp put together from benefits! Not a route I want to go down as I enjoy work and like that it sets a good example to my children.

Any help would be great.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 18-Aug-11 10:50:15 is the new version of entitledto. As well as state help, DP will be obliged to contribute towards the upkeep of his children, of course. Perhaps the CSA is the way forward to bring your income up to a manageable level.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: