Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

If you save your child benefit, where do you save it?

(3 Posts)
TooTiredtoGoogle Tue 16-Aug-11 11:29:47

The other thread made me think I should really put this sum away for my two DDs in the future.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 16-Aug-11 11:36:14

I put a regular, small sum into a CTF run by Family Investments.... stocks and shares-related and matures when DS is 18. Ad hoc gifts go in an ordinary building society account. There is a new product coming out at the start of November which is a Junior ISA... worth a look if you're thinking long-term

givemeaclue Tue 16-Aug-11 12:00:42

I dont put into a ctf as I want something that the dcs can access (if neccessary) before they are 18, also the ctf is in their name and I want some control over what they spend it on. I put it into a high interest account with nationwide cannot remember what its called and into an isa, will be taking out the junior isas when they come out

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: