Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Redundant, what should I be doing?

(4 Posts)
BibiThree Mon 15-Aug-11 21:51:16

I was made redundant in June, am not currently looking for work, so am obviously not claiming JSA. We have been awarded tax credits now and get child benefit.
H is working so we don't qualify for much, which is fine, I'm not planning on living off benefits, I will get a job. Just wondering if I should be going to the job centre or doing something else? Getting my stamp as my Nan calls it ...
thanks

Gonzo33 Tue 16-Aug-11 07:29:24

When I got made redundant I had to get work straight away, so I was down the job ctr CV in hand looking for work and checking what benefits I was entitled to as I was a single parent at the time.

www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

Might help further.

Are you going to be looking at work in the future? Or are you thinking of retraining? If you are thinking of retraining you may want to contact local colleges or learn direct or places like that in relation to courses etc.

The last time I got made redundant my husband and I found out I was pregnant shortly after, so I took a couple of years off before looking for work again.

BibiThree Tue 16-Aug-11 23:13:25

Thank you. I'll take a look at the link. I am hoping to get on a pgce course next September but need a job until then.

Gonzo33 Wed 17-Aug-11 14:24:46

Good luck with it BibiThree I know it is not easy, but just try to remember it was the job that was made redundant not you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now