Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Employer not paid me

(5 Posts)
isthislegalornot Mon 08-Aug-11 16:06:26

I decided to leave my last job last week and as I was under no contract and had a few issues told them towards the end of my shift and left immediately. I am actually 'employed' by the employment agency that recruited me and I have received a wage slip from them today but the money did not go into my account by BACS on friday as per usual. As far as I am aware I am paid a week in arrears so that tallys with the hours I worked the previous week. As they are a crap agency I feel I may have problems getting what I am owed.
Any advice?

Poogles Mon 08-Aug-11 16:20:26

Check with them to see if there has been a problem with the bank. If your wage slip shows you have been paid the hours I would assume this is what it is (they will have paid NI & made tax deductions etc).

They have to pay you for the hours you have worked.

isthislegalornot Mon 08-Aug-11 16:44:51

I have emailed them to be told I have to liaise with payroll? I just have a feeling I am going to have problems!

isthislegalornot Mon 08-Aug-11 16:51:26

One more thing, I had to pay £80 deposit for a car park pass, is posting it recorded delivery sufficient proof to receive my deposit back? God I am never working for an 'Agency' again!!!

isthislegalornot Mon 08-Aug-11 16:54:23

I am really confused as my wage slip shows the hours and rate which tallys with my records and says it was paid on 5 Aug but no payment has gone into my bank. They will also owe me for another 7.5 hours which would be the last payment plus the return of my car park deposit when I return the pass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now