Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Prepaid credit/debit cards.

(3 Posts)
reelingintheyears Sun 07-Aug-11 15:44:07

Does anyone have any experience of these.
Which are the best value etc
How to apply.

I am also thinking of getting one for DSs trip to New York next year with college.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 07-Aug-11 18:42:19

If you mean the dollar/euro prepaid cards, I have a euro one with FairFX. But there are others with various terms and conditions and you can find them listed on comparison sites. I've found the FairFX one really easy to top-up... text and online... there are no fees for using it as a debit card, and there's a flat €1.50 fee for cash withdrawals. As it's a Mastercard I don't get any problems having it accepted. I like them.

blushingm Fri 12-Aug-11 19:01:56

can you use them for things like hire cars? DH and i had a few problems financially a couple of years ago so dont have a credit card or anything and we've found that when abroad and we need to hire a car they onlt accpet credit cards - we have debit card but they often don't accept them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now