Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

my brain is about to EXPLODE -- please just tell me the cheapest energy supplier for average 3 bedroom.

(3 Posts)
ilovemydogandMrObama Thu 04-Aug-11 17:43:03

Have been to all the price comparison web sites. My head hurts and none the wiser. Some suggest waiting until all the energy companies put up their prices in August to see who is better, and some suggest to price fix now.

Any suggestions? Am with British Gas now for both gas and electricity.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 04-Aug-11 17:50:23

Run the comparison site one last time and then, whomever is the cheapest, plump for them. If you can fix for any length of time, that's a bonus. If/when the prices go up again, they will all rise by about the same amount... so no point in delaying.

Helzapoppin Thu 04-Aug-11 18:39:52

We fixed at the weekend (not the cheapest, actually a little more expensive than our current supplier, but prices are set to rise) with e-on's old age tarif (they can't age discriminate and you get a free hypothermia thermometer, which I need, given how cold DH likes to keep the house!) for gas. Ovo for electricity. Dual fuel on the same supplier was not the cheapest option for us. Advice seems to be to fix if you possibly can- but the deals seem to be vanishing pretty fast!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now