Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

maternity pay finishing need help!!!!!

(3 Posts)
millie0403 Wed 27-Jul-11 13:45:00

Hi there everyone, i was wondering whether anyone could help me, my maternity pay is due to finish very soon and i dont think i am going to return to work due to the shop not taking alot of money and are looking to close in the near furture, my partner is self employed and doesnt have much work at the moment so we are claiming working tax credit, and child tax credit, i was just wondering what will happen when my maternity money stops??

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 27-Jul-11 14:56:08

If your circumstances change significantly, it's best to contact the Tax Credit people and tell them as soon as possible.

vickibee Fri 29-Jul-11 07:26:35

if you are SE it is very difficult to budget, my DH is SE and our income fluctuates massively. You are not allowed to calim benefit even if you have no work (as we found out) You may get more tax credits though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now