Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax credits help with childcare costs

(3 Posts)
xdezirx Sat 23-Jul-11 22:45:31

Hi All

I'm really worried. I'm due to go back to work from maternity leave in November and I don't think I will be able to get help with childcare costs through tax credits. This is because i'm only getting a small ammount of child tax credits due to my partner's and mine's joint earnings from 2010-2011 and we don't get working tax credits either. we'd probably be able to get help after the next tax year coz of our earnings being lower due to my maternity pay. That is no good tho, need help with costs from November not April next year!! I dunno what to do. I'm gonna start panicking when it gets nearer to November! does any one know of anything different regarding help with childcare costs through tax credits? is there anyone else in a similar situation?
any advice would be much appreciated x

Morph2 Sat 23-Jul-11 23:02:41

if your earning in 2011/12 are going to be less than 2010/11 then you can phone and let hmrc know and they will readjust your tax credits based on your revised salaries and take childcare into account and adjust payments straight away, you don't have to wait until after year end

xdezirx Mon 25-Jul-11 21:51:34

ok cheers for that x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: