Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

iphone broken but not insured...

(6 Posts)
strongblackcoffee Wed 20-Jul-11 13:43:14

It's on a contract with 3 mobile, and the bulb seems to have stopped working. I can see what's on the screen in a very bright light, but not otherwise. But I turned down the separate mobile insurance when I took out the contract. Likewise when trying to get the best deal on my home insurance sad

But seeing as I'm on a contract with 3, and the phone has stopped working, do they have to send me another one? I'd like to know what to expect before I ring them - if it's bad news then I'll take out insurance and suffer a dark screen for a month before I make a claim... If anyone can help with and advice I would really appreciate it smile

usualsuspect Wed 20-Jul-11 13:45:18

I think they will repair it ,how long have you had it?

DamselInDisarray Wed 20-Jul-11 13:47:48

If you've had it less than a year you may be best taking it to the apple store and getting them to repair/replace it under warranty.

CaveMum Wed 20-Jul-11 13:48:01

Take it your nearest Apple store and make an appointment St the Genius Bar. Don't bother with your network provider, they'll only send it to Apple!

DH took his iPhone to the Apple store when the microphone stopped working and they replaced it for free on the spot.

usualsuspect Wed 20-Jul-11 13:50:13

Apple store will repair free it if its still under warranty

strongblackcoffee Thu 21-Jul-11 12:56:04

Thanks all, I really appreciate the answers - will trot off to the Apple store with a spring in my step, I miss my iphone grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now