Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax credit renewal

(4 Posts)
happyinherts Wed 20-Jul-11 12:00:46

Sent tax credit renewal forms back with nothing new to report.

Received statement today of what is due from 1/4/11 to 31/8/11 - therefore two more payments - but nothing to say what's happening from 1/9/11. Is that right?

So this isnt in answer to the renewal at all - and that is yet to arrive??

Anyone know?

loveme2 Wed 20-Jul-11 18:07:03

It sounds like your tax credits stop 31/08/11.
Has your income gone up?
If you think you should still be getting tax credits,i would phone them,to make sure they recieved your renewal.

happyinherts Wed 20-Jul-11 20:51:53

Spent ages upon ages trying to get through to a human voice - it's costing a fortune.

No, family income is the same at around £13K. I think it's because son's 17th birthday is 1/9/11 and I didnt tell them he was leaving education because he isn't, and they've assumed he is. Would that sound right?

loveme2 Wed 20-Jul-11 22:26:59

Yes that sounds right.
My DD2 finished school last year but went onto college.If i remember rightly i phoned and told them about the middle of august,but my CTC was still short the begining of september.Something to do with how the system works.I got it back the following week,including the missing payment.
I have younger DC so i was still getting payments.
I would try to ring them the middle of next month.They are so busy atm.
And don't forget to ring child benefits too.You need these to carry on getting CTC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now