Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax credits renewal

(11 Posts)
blushingm Mon 11-Jul-11 21:42:24

just wondering how long it's taking between renewing and getting the new award

i did ours over the phone a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything - i've tried phoning to ask when and how much my next payment is but im just put in a queue for what feels like hours and then i get cut off

ilovesprouts Mon 11-Jul-11 21:44:19

they should sent you a letter

blushingm Tue 12-Jul-11 21:29:13

i've been expecting a letter but it's not come........................i just hope there's nothing gone amiss - their track record with my file is woeful!!!

i was just wondering if anyone had had their new award yet

MrsS01 Tue 12-Jul-11 21:44:21

I had mine over a month ago, have returned it, but have received a new statement with old details on. I'm going to ring them to check as i can't risk them stopping it.

AlmightyCitrus Tue 12-Jul-11 22:06:02

They told me (I renewed over the phone earlier today) that I should hear within 14 days and if I hadn't heard anything by the 26th I should ring and check.
Looks like you'll have to face the queue on the phone.

xdezirx Sat 23-Jul-11 22:33:56

It could take up to a Month, I wouldn't worry about it

Morph2 Sat 23-Jul-11 23:04:31

i sent mine back about mid june and just got new awards last week. I actually was due some extra from last year and that turned up in my bank account before i got calcs in post

LeaveYourDignityAtTheDoor Tue 26-Jul-11 13:48:55

I renewed today and was told if I hadn't heard from them by 23/08/11 to contact them.

Nichua0885 Wed 27-Jul-11 09:13:16

I posted my renewal back at the beginning of May. I still have heard nothing!! I rang at the end of June and were told they were still looking at it!! Seriously does it take this long?? Should I be worried??!!?

LeaveYourDignityAtTheDoor Mon 01-Aug-11 20:18:26

I've now had my final award notice from them.

Very surprised it came so quick

blushingm Tue 02-Aug-11 15:48:04

I'm still waiting...........they say I have to wait til 12th august. I'm so worried it's taking so long as there is something wrong sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now