Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

If you've having probs with gas & electric..

(2 Posts)
Pinkfox Fri 08-Jul-11 22:09:16

I have had ongoing problems with gas & electricity supplier which have recently become VERY stressful, very difficult and its been like talking to a brick wall. I thought it might be helpful to put some contact details on here of organisations and places to ring if you are in a similar position. I have now managed to get a positive result after spending 3 days on the phone and making god knows how many phone calls, some have hit a blank for me but might not for other people.

Community Legal Advice Centre deal with various problems, not just gas & electric.

Community Legal Advice Centre – Tel: 0845 345 4345

Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 8.00 pm, Saturday 9.00 am to 12.30 pm

Consumer Direct – 0845 404 0506

Some organisations off trust funds or grants to help with heating bills in extreme circumstances, some can help with other things as well.

Home Heat Helpline – 0800 33 66 99 (open 9am till 8pm)

Turn To Us – 0808 802 2000

Gingerbread – 0808 802 0925

Crisis Loans – Job Centre 0800 055 6688

I know it took me ages and ages to get ANY info and I was beginning to despair but by sticking with it I now have a good outcome which, if I had just not bothered, I would be in a very different (bad) place tonight, instead I am breathing a sigh of relief and feeling quite pleased with myself that my efforts have actually paid off - for once!!!!

I also applied for cavity wall insulation, they came to survey today and they said I am eligible for this to be done free, which was a nice thing to hear. Hopefully this will help with heating bills (they do loft insulation as well).

Warm Front or Home Heat Helpline can help with this too.

Hope this bit of waffling can help someone else too smile x

Pinkfox Fri 08-Jul-11 22:11:08

I have had ongoing problems with gas & electricity supplier which have recently become VERY stressful, very difficult and its been like talking to a brick wall. I thought it might be helpful to put some contact details on here of organisations and places to ring if you are in a similar position. I have now managed to get a positive result after spending 3 days on the phone and making god knows how many phone calls, some have hit a blank for me but might not for other people.

Community Legal Advice Centre deal with various problems, not just gas & electric.

Community Legal Advice Centre – Tel: 0845 345 4345

Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 8.00 pm, Saturday 9.00 am to 12.30 pm

Consumer Direct – 0845 404 0506

Some organisations off trust funds or grants to help with heating bills in extreme circumstances, some can help with other things as well.

Home Heat Helpline – 0800 33 66 99 (open 9am till 8pm)

Turn To Us – 0808 802 2000

Gingerbread – 0808 802 0925

Crisis Loans – Job Centre 0800 055 6688

I know it took me ages and ages to get ANY info and I was beginning to despair but by sticking with it I now have a good outcome which, if I had just not bothered, I would be in a very different (bad) place tonight, instead I am breathing a sigh of relief and feeling quite pleased with myself that my efforts have actually paid off - for once!!!!

I also applied for cavity wall insulation, they came to survey today and they said I am eligible for this to be done free, which was a nice thing to hear. Hopefully this will help with heating bills (they do loft insulation as well).

Warm Front or Home Heat Helpline can help with this too.

Hope this bit of waffling can help someone else too x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now