Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits hidden slash in income

(3 Posts)
eatsleepmum Wed 06-Jul-11 13:50:48

Am I the only one really upset about this Food up 12% pa my income up only marginally and I suddenly find Ive lost free prescriptions dental and optical care worth a few hundred a year because the threshold is not only not increasing but decreasing so no exemption card for me now. Another tax on working mums Anyone else affected?

fgaaagh Wed 06-Jul-11 14:01:42

"Another tax on working mums"

I'm pretty sure they don't do that.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 07-Jul-11 09:11:27

I haven't had free prescriptions or dental care since being pregnant and I've never had anything free from the optician. I'm paying more tax because thresholds have been changed and I no longer qualify for CTC. Yes, everything's costing more and disposable income is being squeezed but I don't think it's fair to say it's a 'tax on working mums'... everyone's experiencing it to a greater or lesser extent

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: