Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits hidden slash in income

(3 Posts)
eatsleepmum Wed 06-Jul-11 13:50:48

Am I the only one really upset about this Food up 12% pa my income up only marginally and I suddenly find Ive lost free prescriptions dental and optical care worth a few hundred a year because the threshold is not only not increasing but decreasing so no exemption card for me now. Another tax on working mums Anyone else affected?

fgaaagh Wed 06-Jul-11 14:01:42

"Another tax on working mums"

I'm pretty sure they don't do that.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 07-Jul-11 09:11:27

I haven't had free prescriptions or dental care since being pregnant and I've never had anything free from the optician. I'm paying more tax because thresholds have been changed and I no longer qualify for CTC. Yes, everything's costing more and disposable income is being squeezed but I don't think it's fair to say it's a 'tax on working mums'... everyone's experiencing it to a greater or lesser extent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now