Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I want to leave my job, but I'm not sure if we would be entitled to anything. Please help

(4 Posts)
imnotperfect Mon 27-Jun-11 10:53:37

Fairly complicated but here we go. I returned to work after maternity leave around 2 months ago, but I cant cope with it anymore. I had to transfer to a new store so it was easier for childcare, but I'm only working 16hrs a week. I work 6-10pm wed-sat, I dont get back in the house until 11.15 at night due to the buses, I go to bed at 12, and Im up again at 5.30 with the baby. I was just about coping but I'm pregnant again, around 7 weeks. my DH works full time and earns a basic wage of 14000 per annum plus commission, which means sometimes he brings home 1400, sometimes 900 a month. I only earn 400 a month, but if I left work, which phhysically i need to do could we replace this money? All my wage does is paay the rent, could i get housing benefit or job seekers if I voluntarily leave myh job due to the stress. I have 2 kids now. 5 yrs and 10 months, and one on the way. Can someone please offer me advice?? I cant work anymore im exhausted. I cant change my hours, this is my only option.

Lulabellarama Mon 27-Jun-11 10:54:25

entitledto.com

vickibee Mon 27-Jun-11 12:48:41

If your DH is working you van usually only claim via tax credits, as he is on a low wage you will get a substantial amount usually based on last years earnings. Out of this you are then expected to be able to pay your rent and C tax. etc.
This is what I was told when we were in a similar situation to yours. You have to be on really really low pay to get help wit C tax and rent

whyme2 Mon 27-Jun-11 12:59:55

Where we are (north west) your dh's wage would entitle you both to wTC and cTC as well as council tax benefit and housing benefit. We managed quite well on that last year as dh was made redundant and I was earning a similar wage to your dh.

hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now