Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Life insurance medical question?

(4 Posts)
Vegasgirl Sun 26-Jun-11 20:40:16

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a life insurance question?

We sorted insurance through the broker who was arranging our remortgage about 4 years ago. The medical questions were ran through by the broker and were mainly yes, no answers. Most were 'in the last five years have you..." questions. Basically for one I answered no because I thought it was roughly over five years but in actual fact it was about 4 and a half years previously that I had last seen the Dr for the condition in question. I haven't been suffering from or been treated for this since then.

I didn't worry too much as I figured it was nothing anyone would ever have to claim for, however I have read an article that says any claim could be invalidated re this, no matter what the claim was for.

Now I have DC this worries me as I obviously want all my affairs in order. Should I contact my insurance company to advise them of this question- could my insurance be cancelled or would it not matter?

RedbinD Sun 26-Jun-11 20:42:06

Ask them.

RockChick1984 Mon 27-Jun-11 19:31:52

They could refuse to pay out in the event of a claim even if it was nothing to do with the reason for your death. I agree you need to contact the company to explain that it was a genuine mistake and they will either just change it on your existing policy, or make you cancel that one and take a new policy.

trixymalixy Mon 27-Jun-11 19:35:26

They try to find any reason not to pay out. Give them a ring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now