Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MoNey saving: Past, present, and future

(2 Posts)
AchtungBaby Fri 24-Jun-11 12:52:53

I'm on my last couple of months of maternity leave (1 year off), so I no longer get paid every month sad.

Would anyone like to join me in some MN-style money saving ideas collection / motivational support etc?

What about this format for posts?

Past: Last week, I asked the AA (our existing breakdown insurers) to meet the RAC's quote for our vehicle-only cover, which they did.

Present: Today, DH took a homemade graze-style box of pumpkin seeds, puffed rice, and raisins to work.

Future: Today, I will take back the £2.75 bottle of bathwash stuff for DS (which I thought - based on the available signage - was reduced to £1), and buy a bar of baby soap instead.

It would be great to get some money-saving ideas, and some encouragement to apply them every day.

I originally posted this in Chat, but it's too fast-moving there grin. It was no reflection on the interestingness of this thread though.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 24-Jun-11 17:31:49

Past: Cleared out some old plant troughs in the garden, planted some free tomato seeds from a magazine and will probably not need to buy tomatoes again before October smile

Present: Filled up the freezer with special offer meat!

Future: Quarterly comparison site exercise to make sure I'm not paying too much for utilities, insurance etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now