Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Urgent -Any Tax Credits Experts out there?!

(2 Posts)
sabas Tue 21-Jun-11 10:56:17

I am currently in my 39 week ordinary mat leave period and in reciept of CTC and WTC and my DH works only 20 hours p/w. I have been told by the Tax Credits people that my WTC will be reduced significantly or removed altogether once I reach the end of the 39 weeks as at that point I am no longer classed as working.

Does anyone know whether my CTC would increase at this point to take account of the fact that I will no longer be in receipt of stat maternity pay and our WTC would be reduced/removed?

Any help would be appreciated!

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 21-Jun-11 11:14:26

How about running your household income through this Benefits Checker a) using your current status and b) your post maternity leave status? Then you can judge what will change. My feeling is that your DH's WTC award would increase to reflect the loss of your income.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now