Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Car Insurance provider - how to choose

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 14-Jun-11 22:14:55

Obviously cost of premium is a major factor but how can I find out for example, if they have UK call centres and help lines etc? If i do have an accident, the last thing I want is to be talking to someone in India who doesn't speak my language very well and doesn't understand my answer if it's not on the answer sheet in front of him/her sad

The top insurers on the comparison site are Hastings Direct, Insure, Egg, Axa and Co-op.

Does anyone know anything good or other wise about any of those guys please?

thenightsky Tue 14-Jun-11 22:17:09

I think some of the comparison websites show which have call centres in UK. Cannot recall which though.

mckenzie Tue 14-Jun-11 22:23:49

thanks thenightsky - I'll go back and take another look.

moaningminniewhingesagain Tue 14-Jun-11 22:27:06

I always just ring round the ones with 0800 phone numbers then go for the cheapest, found it too fiddly to do online because of a recentish small claim and DH has speeding tickets.

I was with Hastings for years as they were always cheap, last time got something via Swinton brokers.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 14-Jun-11 22:39:34

I'm with axa via post office insurance. Inept muppets. Had an accident , not my fault six months ago. Still not sorted, they not keep me updated. I'm forever chasing them and they do have an Indian call centre once your signed up. Which would be fine if I could understand more than one word in Five but I cnt

mckenzie Wed 15-Jun-11 19:24:17

thanks for the replies. mmwa, how did you find Hastings? They are one of the cheapest and they have a UK call centre!

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 15-Jun-11 22:06:16

Fine, no problems at all. I'd happily go with them again in the future.

mckenzie Wed 15-Jun-11 22:08:00

thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now