Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax credit change from april 2011 limit down to £40k my dh earns £44 will we owe april,may and june money?

(5 Posts)
tinkbig Sun 12-Jun-11 10:37:11

hi

april change down to £40k my dh earns £44 have been getting tax credits still
have just received renewal going to phone and let them know then wont be getting anymore tax credits
will we owe - april,may and june amounts that we received?

thinbridewaitingtogetout Sun 12-Jun-11 10:40:00

Yes but only if your not entitled to any this year, if you are it will be dedected from that, eg you may only be entitled to £500 this year but you have had that already since april then you would not owe, but not get any either. If you are not entitled to any then you will prob need too pay back what you have recieced since April. Hth.

tinkbig Sun 12-Jun-11 10:41:59

have only received £100 since april

Meglet Sun 12-Jun-11 10:46:50

I think so. One of my friends sussed out they would be over the threshold this year so all the spring / early summer payments would have to be paid back. She was going to put all the money aside I think.

cuckooclock Tue 14-Jun-11 22:59:30

We are just over too but I didn't have to do anything. they just stopped payments. I also got a letter yesterday which says "Thank you for telling us that you wish to withdraw from tax credits...." I never told them any such rubbish. I would love to still get them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: