Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credit turnaround time

(2 Posts)
JackJacksmummy Sat 11-Jun-11 14:14:29

My partner moved in on 22 may, informed tax credits same day and they closed my single persons claim and issued form for a new claim. I finally sent it off last Thursday- took a while to get all the details I needed because he was self employed from April last year til dec and then went back into normal employment but is yet to do his tax return for '10/11.
Anyway tax creds saying a 4 week turn around but I'm wondering if anyone has had sooner recently. I'm expecting min 4 weeks anyway due to partners complicated employment circumstances.

LawrieMarlow Sat 11-Jun-11 21:56:32

When I did a new claim due to H moving out I made it on 18th April abd received my first payment in early May I think. Definitely before the middle of May as I subsequently updated my claim as I realised I was also eligable for WTC and got first payment for that in mid May.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: