Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone else had TC compliance letter?

(3 Posts)
Chundle Fri 10-Jun-11 15:55:27

got one in post today asking for childcare receipts from April 2010 to April 2011! So as silly me doesn't keep them all I've had to ring round old providers and ask for statements. One provider said they've had loads of requests recently! However at end of march I gave up work so costs stopped altogether. My childminder reduced her costs by £17 per week (she cut hourly rate) in feb but a I'd planned to stop work end feb I didn't notify straight away. Turns out I didn't end work til end march so had two whole months overpaid by £17 per week too much. Only just remembered now getting stuff out. Bugger it. However I don't claim for dd1 holiday club so I will send them receipts in in the hopes they look on me favourably. Be warned all lots of peeps are getting letters

vickibee Sat 11-Jun-11 12:08:22

is this follwoing your renewal form that you sent in? I don;t keep receipts either and would have to do the same as you. I have always wondered how they check chilcare costs as they just seem to take your word for it. You haven't really done anything wrong so I would not worry

Chundle Sat 11-Jun-11 15:23:32

Apparently they've randomly sent out half a million of these letters to people to check up on childcare costs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now