Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Random CTC payment

(6 Posts)
poppymum11 Thu 09-Jun-11 14:06:38

I just checked my bank this morning and am not due my Child Tax Credit payment till near the end of the month however I got a random payment of 1.95? Does anyone know what this is for? I hope I will get my usual payment at the end of the month...eeks!

shelley72 Thu 09-Jun-11 14:11:38

ooh we had this too, but our CTC payments will be stopping completely soon (thanks dave) so wondered if it was what they owed for last year as our earnings were down due to mat leave?

poppymum11 Thu 09-Jun-11 14:28:54

Ive only been claiming for the last 3 months or so...I was due to get 80 squid a month before the new budget but then that halved...just hope this 1.95 isn't my new monthly payment!! It could be what they owed from the last financial year?! Surprised they didn't pay it in installments haha!!

brightermornings Thu 09-Jun-11 16:34:11

Have you sent your renewal in? I got a random payment then when the paperwork came it was just what they owed me

curlywurlycremeegg Thu 09-Jun-11 16:37:48

I have had two separate random payments this morning, have sent back my paperwork for the renewal but not had anything back yet. Tried to phone them as it was a significant amount in total (over £500), but was on hold for ages and gave up. As long as I am not the only one with the random payments I feel safe to spend it!

poppymum11 Thu 09-Jun-11 17:20:21

I haven't received a renewal form as of yet...will I still get one due to the fact that this is my first time claim and I only starting receiving in March this year? I will wait and see if I get paid the same at end of month! Tried phoning this morning too and was on hold forever......nuisance! I got a letter the other week but it was only stating the information I have provided and what I would be due......?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: