Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

No credit check mortgages

(5 Posts)
yellowishpurple Wed 08-Jun-11 21:37:37

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are still no credit check mortgages on the market?

I'm trying to find a way for my ex husband to buy me out of our joint property as he doesnt want to sell it. his credit is rubbish, he has one satisfied CCJ and three or four credit cards with outstanding balances of around £4k each that he hasn't paid anything on for about 4 years. His creditors have long since stopped chasing him but the debts are still on his credit rating.

As he won't sell my solicitor tells me the only other way for me to get rid of the property is to apply to the court for an Order of Sale which is likely to cost me around £20k which all but wipes out any equity I'll get o ut of it so it's not worth it.

I've seen some websites that mention no credit check mortgages (I'm aware they'll probably carry high interest rates) but there is very little detail and I was hoping someone here would know something about them.

Any info would be gratefully received.....

Thanks

RockChick1984 Wed 08-Jun-11 21:43:54

AFAIK there's no legit companies that offer these, there are some companies who will accept people with less-than-perfect credit and charge higher interest rates but he's unlikely to find a company who would accept him if he's not paid anything off his credit cards in such a long time! Could you not buy him out instead, even if this is just a temporary option until you can sell it?

yellowishpurple Wed 08-Jun-11 21:47:19

Nah he won't let me. And the lease on the flat is running out and the freeholder is being a pain in the neck so I just want shot of it now.

Thanks for your help, I kind of figured that was the case, just frantically looking for a miracle!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 08-Jun-11 21:53:36

You can still get a self-certified mortgage, try an independent financial advisor?

yellowishpurple Wed 08-Jun-11 22:18:17

self certified is when you can't prove your income isn't it? That's not really the problem, it's more the fact that he has outstanding debts.

the really annoying thing is that he has the money to pay the debts off but he won't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now