Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

<<stream of expletives>> How much will a new rear bumper plus fitting cost do you reckon?

(7 Posts)
tigana Tue 07-Jun-11 20:15:47

Poo, poo, poo.
In battle of my car vs inanimate, immobile object, my car has come away with half it's arse hanging off!
(well, bumper is decidedly squiffy with a split and detached on one side).
buggararseshittybollocks.

Anyone able to give me ballpark on how financially painful it might be to get it sorted?

MaryBS Tue 07-Jun-11 20:17:28

I was quoted in the region of £500-600 for my Zafira. I didn't bother in the end.

tigana Tue 07-Jun-11 20:23:46

If I thought'd it'd get through MOT I'd be happy to wedge it back together with spit and gaffa tape. But it looks a bit dodgy at the moment.

DH is away for next 2 weeks, or I'd just tell him what I driving-moron I had been and he'd get it sorted [pathetic].

blushingm Tue 07-Jun-11 21:00:02

can you just claim on your car insurance? - much simpler

MaryBS Tue 07-Jun-11 21:01:26

Do you know a garage who'd give you trustworthy advice on what would be needed to get it through an MOT and how much? Worth a go. For me, the excess was £300, so I decided not worth claiming and affecting my insurance premium.

mosschops30 Tue 07-Jun-11 21:04:02

Do you have a fix it auto near you (or similar reputable crash repairers in your area).
Often much cheaper, audi wanted £600 to repair my bumper. It was done by fix it for £160

Gonzo33 Wed 08-Jun-11 12:29:22

This very much depends on what car you have. If it is slightly older and you think a local scrappy might have a bumper for you then you could be looking less than 100 to buy and however much it costs you to get fitted. If it is a newish car though you could be looking anything up to 700. (don't have a pound sign on laptop - sorry)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: