Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Just signed up to a debt management plan with CCCS.

(5 Posts)
financialadvice Mon 06-Jun-11 13:26:31

I am now worried that I have not fully thought through my expenditure properly.

I have recorded groceries as 200 per month, as I was prompted to change amount as with hobbies, satalite and mobile phone, to lower but now worried I should have put more. I also left blank childs pocket money and repairs etc, should I have made use of these boxes, simply to increase my forcasted expenditure.

this makes my debt payment 175 to all creditors per month. I cant now go back in online and make changes as I have pressed proceed and now awaiting an email for what action I now need to take.

has anyone any experience of using CCCS and can I rearrange these figures either before my plan comes into action or If I find Im struggling still? I just dont want to sign up and still be struggling.

allthefires Thu 09-Jun-11 08:39:22

You need to ensure you have accurately and realisticity budgeted.

I think you need to revise your figures. Have you added in cost if school trips, modest birthday, haircuts etc?

How long does this dmp plan last for? Depending on assets, amount of debt and period of repayment you may find bankruptcy or a debt relief order a more realistic option.

CCCSPavan Thu 09-Jun-11 08:49:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

nanonano Tue 14-Jun-11 00:05:10

You can call them up (number is on the site) and let them know you need to make some adjustments. Have your number ready from when you registered. They are not judgmental. They will be supportive and not make you feel like S#*t like some people. Good luck

milkybarsrus Wed 15-Jun-11 21:07:43

i am with cccs and they have been excellant. please be honest as this will help you in the long term. they are there to help and advise, if they think you need to alter your figures (for example, they said we spent too much on clothing per month, but i wasnt sure what we usually spent) then take their advice. We haven't looked back, and im sure you will be fine. They are on your side, but they also know if your not being truthful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now