Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What's the "declaring earnings/maternity pay" rule?

(8 Posts)
QueeferSutherland Sun 05-Jun-11 21:34:49

I'm sure I read on here that when declaring your earnings for TC or whatever, you took away £100 per month if you were being paid Maternity Pay.

Is this true?
Did I dream it?

I'm filling in my anual declaration right now.

bilblio Sun 05-Jun-11 22:04:14

Do you not have the book for how to fill it in? I vaguely remember it's something like that, it might be per week though. I know when I read it when I first claimed I thought it sounded a bit odd.

My form is lost filed upstairs atm as I'm still waiting for more info from my employer to complete it or I'd find the relevant section for you.

QueeferSutherland Sun 05-Jun-11 22:15:06

It's not in the book, bilblio. I've read it from cover to cover. for the first time ever

Eglu Sun 05-Jun-11 22:21:06

Last time I was on ML it did say to take away £100 per week I think it was if it was maternity pay.

bilblio Sun 05-Jun-11 22:51:21

Found it, (in with DD's drawings, erk! Glad you got me looking for it!)

Page 11, right at the bottom.

"If your payments were more than £100 a week, enter £100 in the box for each week. For example, if you got them for 30 weeks, enter £3,000. If your payments were less than £100 a week, enter the amount you received. For example if you got £80 for £30 weeks, enter £2,400. Don't include Maternity allowance"

QueeferSutherland Mon 06-Jun-11 08:57:14

Cheers bilblio!

I didn't see that all, and am not sure I had a box for that.blush
I'll go back over it tonight.

Is that regular mat pay, eglu?

Eglu Mon 06-Jun-11 09:17:36

Yes that is for SMP.

QueeferSutherland Tue 07-Jun-11 23:30:35

Eglu, Bilblio, you are legends!

I hadn't actually looked at the working out sheet, ever, thinking I wouldn't need it, being a grown up n'all.blush

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now