Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

WTC and CTC stopped??

(6 Posts)
floppops Sun 05-Jun-11 11:47:38

My WTC and CTC have not been paid in in May. The last payment was in April. I am a single parent on a low income and have been receiving WTC and CTC since last year.
Is it possible the budget has wiped them out completely?
I will call them tomorrow but I'm panicking a bit.
I have sent off the renewal pack with no changes and my income was/is below £5k so can't be to do with the new threshold.
Anyone know what's going on??

HappyMummyOfOne Sun 05-Jun-11 14:05:23

Are you self employed? They are verifying more and more S/E claims where earnings are very low to ensure people actually qualify.

floppops Sun 05-Jun-11 17:24:33

Yes I am self employed.
The figure I gave was the one on my tax return for 2009/2010 so that should be fine. This years can't be checked I am guessing till I file my tax return later this year but will be the same figure.
Is that want you mean? Are there any other checks they do that might affect me?

HappyMummyOfOne Sun 05-Jun-11 19:41:09

Yes, they are sending out checks on all low earners in S/E to check the claims to ensure that the hours being claimed are actually being worked and on what. I presume its to get ready for the new proposed changes that will mean they will assume min wage for all S/E people who log earnings below that amount.

DaisySteiner Sun 05-Jun-11 20:38:37

I would phone them and check. Even if they are checking your earnings then it shouldn't mean that your payments have completely stopped.

Gonzo33 Tue 07-Jun-11 14:35:48

Please call them. They have stopped mine because they had a "system upgrade" and miraculously found I have an income which was from a job I left 3 years ago. Since then I have been accompanying my husband overseas and been unable to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now